What is Autonomic Dysfunction
The autonomic nervous system controls the functions responsible for well-being and the maintenance of balance. Autonomous dysfunction occurs when the system is not properly regulated.
Autonomic dysfunction is commonly called autonomic neuropathy and describes many conditions caused by damage to the autonomic nervous system (ANS). The autonomic nervous system is the division of the peripheral nervous system that unconsciously controls body function:
- Heart rate.
- Control of blood pressure.
- Regulation of temperature and digestion.
Diabetes is the most common cause of autonomic dysfunction. Other possible causes are autoimmune diseases, certain medications, some viruses and bacteria.
- Sexual difficulties like erectile dysfunction
- Urinary problems
- Excessive sweating
- Faintings when standing due to sudden drops in blood pressure and heart rate
- Problems digesting food, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting and other related problems due to changes in digestive function
- Exercise intolerance and others…
Autonomic Dysfunction Types and Side Effects
CBD oil for autonomic disfunction
Neurocardiogenic syncope (NCS) is the most common autonomic dysfunction. It affects tens of millions of people worldwide. The main symptom is fainting, also called syncope. This can occur on occasion only, or it may be frequent enough to disrupt a person’s daily life.
Multiple system atrophy (MSA) is a fatal form of autonomic dysfunction. It has similarities to Parkinson’s disease, nonetheless, with a life expectancy of only 5 to 10 years from its diagnosis.
Orthostatic hypotension is a type of orthostatic intolerance which occurs when blood pressure drops significantly when standing up, including fainting.
Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) is an abnormal increase in heart rate that occurs after sitting or standing. Is diagnosed only when orthostatic hypotension has been ruled out. And besides, there is no acute dehydration or blood loss.
Holmes-Adie syndrome (HAS) affects the nerves that control the muscles of the eye, causing vision problems. One pupil will likely be larger than the other, and it will constrict slowly in bright light. It mostly affects the nerves controlling the muscles of the eye, causing vision problems.
Hereditary Sensory and Autonomic Neuropathy (HSAN) is a genetic disorder that affects the development and survival of certain nerve cells. Problems related to this disorder first appear during infancy. Early signs and symptoms include:
- Poor muscle tone.
- Feeding difficulties.
- Poor growth.
- Lack of tears.
- Frequent lung infections.
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature.
Older infants and young children may hold their breath for prolonged periods of time. Which may cause a bluish appearance of the skin or lips (cyanosis) or fainting.
Parkinson’s disease can cause orthostatic hypotension and other symptoms of ANS damage. This often causes significant disability in individuals with this disease. Several common conditions such as diabetes and alcohol abuse can include autonomic neuropathy.
Traditional Treatment for Autonomic Dysfunction
CBD oil for autonomic disfunction for Senior
There is no cure for most types of autonomic dysfunction. Nonetheless, symptomatic treatment is available for many symptoms associated with this disease, and some disease processes can be treated directly.
The prognosis for people with autonomic dysfunction depends on the particular diagnostic category. People with chronic, progressive, and generalized autonomic neuropathy generally have a poor long-term prognosis. Death can occur from pneumonia or acute breathing failure.
The illness is difficult to diagnose and an incorrect diagnosis is common. Symptoms can be mistaken for those of another condition that is already present. Diagnosis is made by functional testing of the ANS, focusing on the affected organ system. A successful diagnosis often results from collaboration between several specialists.
In any case, the neurologist will review the results of previously performed tests. And it will create a report that includes a detailed diagnosis and treatment plan.
On the one hand, the treatment can help people control their side effects and experience a better quality of life. Those treatments plans may include medications to:
- Help stabilize blood pressure.
- Control symptoms such as intolerance to high temperatures.
- Control digestion problems and bladder function.
On the other hand, it also helps to change life habits such as:
- Drink plenty of fluids (better fortified with electrolytes.)
- Elevating the head of your bed.
- Adding salt to your diet.
- Changing positions slowly.
- Exercise regularly.
- Wear clothes to improve vasomotor problems (compression stockings, compression tights and cooling vests).
Another alternative may be Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), which can be combined with mindfulness.
CBT is based on the idea that thoughts and responses create negative moods. By identifying and adjusting inaccurate or distorted thoughts, moods can be improved. CBT is very helpful when it comes to chronic or recurring thoughts.
Patients with the disease can become frustrated in reaching a diagnosis and dealing with the healthcare system. So thought patterns emerge that can be detrimental to physical and psychological health.
What is CBD and How Does it Work for Autonomic Dysfunction?
CBD is a component present on the cannabis plant and on hemp plants. This component is the main component to use on medicinal products.
We at Canalanza obtain the purest CBD at 99.3% being one of the top ones obtaining this purity. Finca Canalanza is located in the Biosphere Nature Reserve in the Volcanic Canarian island of Lanzarote
CBD is only one component of the many components that helps the endocannabinoid system.
CBD is a non addictive component. It is found on the cannabis plant and hemp plants. Always is necessary a long term contract by FDA approved or an AMPS approval to produce or to sell CBD products.
In summary, CBD is a non addictive natural compound with great potential in natural and therapeutic medicine. Today, research on the multiple benefits of CBD on improving the ailments of various diseases is encouraging.
Does CBD Oil help dysautonomia?
CBD is the major no psychotropic effect component extracted from the Cannabis plant. CBD interacts with the human endocannabinoid system and has shown positive results in regulating and stabilizing it.
Cannabinoids in cannabis have been shown to stimulate neuroregeneration and limit neuronal damage. They also play a role in regulating the immune system. These effects regulate inflammatory reactions through components of adaptive and innate immune responses.
Cannabinoids have been shown to be potentially effective for autonomic neuropathy through their interaction with the endocannabinoid system. Which is a complex system, responsible for regulating various bodily processes to maintain health and prevent disease.
The modulation of the endocannabinoid system has shown to be medically beneficial by slowing down the progression of neuronal disorders. One study provided evidence that activation of CB2 receptor attenuates autonomic function after a spinal cord injury.
Some symptoms of autonomic dysfunction that CBD can help with include:
- Nausea and vomiting: cannabinoids work as an antiemetic.
- Sexual functioning: There is a positive association between cannabis and impotence and it helps with erectile function.
- Lack of appetite: Medical cannabis stimulates your metabolism, which helps increase your hunger. It can also help you gain weight.
- Diarrhea: works as a treatment for stomach problems and intestinal disorders.
- Anxiety: CBD (such as CBD oil) has similar propqerties to manufactured medicines.
- Depression: Provides energy to the user and improves their mood to help them with depressive emotions.
- Inflammation: It can effectively reduce chronic inflammation and pain related to inflammation.
CBD and Autonomic Disfunction
Studies indicate that CBD seems to be beneficial in preventing and treating autonomic dysfunction. In addition, it has shown to have antioxidant and neuroprotective properties. That it supports the health of the nervous system and could limit or prevent damage to the nerves. Cannabinoids found in cannabis, including CBD, have shown to be effective in limiting neuronal damage and promoting neurological regeneration.
Another study shows that cannabinoids play a role in regulating blood pressure. Cannabinoids that activate CB1 receptors have shown that blood vessels dilate, improving blood flow and reducing blood pressure. However, these findings may be of concern for those with low blood pressure and who are subject to fainting.
The vasodilator effect has been shown to help normalize blood pressure in people with hypertension. So the reduction in blood pressure caused by cannabinoids can increase the risk of fainting in a person with ANS.
How to take CBD OIL for Autonomic Dysfunction?
Now we know how the Natural CBD Oil elaborated by Laboratorios Canalanza can help you with most of the common symptoms.
Our suggestion is to start using our CBD oil Canalanza with 3-5 drops. Starting in the morning, before breakfast and under the tongue.
Leave the oil to dissolve with saliva for at least one minute.
Put 2-3 drops before having lunch and another 3-5 at night half an hour before going to sleep.
For better results increase with 1-2 drops in the morning dosage and 2-3 at night.
Our CBD oil has a natural flavor due to the Extra Virgin Olive Oil used as the base.
How to Buy CBD Oil for Autonomic Dysfunction online?
If you would like to order any of our CBD products, follow the next steps:
- First select any of our CBD products from our online shop and press on add to basket button
- If you have selected products for a value over 100€ you have a free gift to choose from. So a pop up window will be displayed at the online basket.
- At the delivery window you need to fill with your personal information. Such as your name, your street address, a valid email address. Also a phone number where we can reach you in case we need any extra information.
- You can register an account with Laboratorios Canalanza. And you will receive a discount on the following order and stay update of our interesting offers about health and CBD.
- At the payment window you will need to fill out the details of your bank card. And you will be prompted to confirm with an sms or with a notification of the bank app. It depends on the bank for the final confirmation. Our site is protected by a SSL certificate that guarantees the secure process.
- If the process is correct you will be receiving an email from Laboratorios Canalanza. With your order number, the goods order, and the confirmation.
- When the order is sent our system will send you the tracking id and the link. Where you can track where your order is and when it will arrive.
In a few days you will receive it with total security at home.
Head of the Canalanza Laboratories shop in Lanzarote where we have spent more than 10 years researching the effects of CBD oil and how it helps to alleviate different symptoms of many ailments.