Neurofibromatosis, also known as NF, affects almost every organ system in the body.
It is a series of complex genetic disorders in which tumors grow in the brain, spinal cord, and nerves throughout the body. Half of the people diagnosed with neurofibromatosis have inherited the condition. However, it is also possible for spontaneous cases to occur through mutations in genes.
Living with neurofibromatosis is challenging. A study published in Genetics in Medicine found higher levels of stress, more symptoms of depression, and lower levels of self-esteem in a group of 248 people with the condition.
Each person reacts differently to the diagnosis of NF.
When you have neurofibromatosis, you are likely to experience strong emotions:
- You may be afraid of what the future holds.
- You may worry about possible changes in physical appearance and how others might react.
- You will also struggle with feelings of isolation and perhaps fear.
It’s natural to feel numb and shocked when you’ve been given a life-changing diagnosis. Some people experience anger and denial, and you can too. You may isolate yourself from others and have no interest in activities you once enjoyed.
You may be concerned whether or not you have children, as the condition is often inherited. Given all of these factors, NF can take an emotional toll on you and your partner or family.
How CBD could help you?
CBD has proven to be a remedy for patients seeking pain relief, anti-inflammatory effects, and the treatment of Neurofibromatosis.
It is already known that it can stimulate the appetite of patients. But researchers have learned that, in addition to having palliative benefits in cancer therapy, they have been associated with anticancer effects, which are responsible for preventing or delaying cancer development or tumor spread. Furthermore, CBD has been responsible for slowing down tumor growth rates and reducing their size.
Here are some of the symptoms of neurofibromatosis that CBD can help speed up:
- – Tumors. CBD is known to have antitumor properties. This suggests that it may be useful in limiting the growth and development of NF-related tumors. One study found that two children with NF1 saw a regression in their tumors over a three-year period. During this time, apart from using CBD oil, no other treatment was used.
- – Pain, mood and sleep. Many people use CBD to treat chronic pain and inflammation. It can also help you get a good night’s rest. Depending on the dose, it is even useful for elevating mood.
- – Loss of appetite. CBD is well known for giving users back their appetite after it has been lost due to an accompanying condition or treatment.